I set my alarm for 3 AM. The fiancé did not believe that I would get out of bed to watch the Royal Wedding. Boy- he was wrong. I hopped out of bed at 3 AM as the buzzer sounded. I went downstairs grabbed a warm blanket and sat in my favorite chair. The first hour was a bit rough – I am definitely not use to getting up at 3 AM but I fought through the sleepiness and managed to watch The Today Show for 2 straight hours – Thanks Meredith, Matt, Anne & Al. The anticipation really is what kept me awake. Seeing everyone make their way into Westminster, the guests, the HATS…oh my goodness the HATS – it makes me wish I had their style. Hurley and Harper soon joined in on the fun – and came down stairs to sit with me.
I absolutely loved the ceremony – enough that I cried, several times. Are you surprised? I am the same age as Kate and Will….and getting married at the same age as Kate and Will. I am going to bet that I will not have the composure of the 2 put together on my wedding day. Did anyone else see her white knuckles as she clenched onto her dad walking down the aisle? Loved it. I am getting married in 66 days - I hope that I keep it together as Kate did. Wish me luck.
Did anyone else get up at 3!?!?!?
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You are crazy. I got up at 4:45 a.m., just as Beatrice and Eugenie were arriving and just before Charles and Camilla. The only "good" part I missed was William and Harry arriving. It was FABULOUS. I wish I would have known you were awake so we could have texted and "watched" together.
I timed it perfectly so that I would be awake right when she arrived at Westminster. She is SO pretty! Such a big difference before and after the wedding! She looked so relaxed!
I am SO right there with you! Bry thought there was no way I'd actually get up at 1:45 a.m. to get down to Union Station. So, so glad I did! Beautiful wedding!
Post a Comment