My favorite Food Network personality is the Barefoot Contessa (ina garten). I think it's funny that she has certain sayings like 'it is just fantastic' or when she refers to a specific ingredient as 'really good'. Like she is warning people to not even bother using crap ingredients. I particularly like when she cooks for her husband of 40 years. It is endearing how something like cooking a meal can mean so much to someone. But most of all, I love her recipes. They are fairly simple, to the point and uses a normal amount of ingredients. Last summer the boyfriend bought me Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics which was my first BC cookbook. It is terrific and has wonderful recipes.
Here are a few of my favorites from Back to Basics-

3 comments:
I think it is funny how certain TV personalities have phrases they say over and over. The guy on Pawn Stars always says, "This is a great piece of Americana, I really want it in my shop."
I LOVE Ina! Did you know she used to be a budget analyst at the White House? Amazing!
those are kick butt - make some more stuff from her book! i like being a taste tester...make sure it has "good flavor"...another one of her always used lines... flavor, flavor, flavor:)
Post a Comment