Thursday, March 18, 2010

Did You Know - Thursday

Did you know that I love the game of basketball? I started in the 4th grade and played through my senior year in high school. I would shoot baskets for hours in my backyard. I recently joined a new gym and I have started playing again. I hope to maybe get the courage to join a team and actually play a game.

Anyways enough about me playing basketball. Let’s get real...this is the season of basketball and MARCH MADNESS. One of my favorite times of year. Teams around the nation coming together for one of the greatest tournaments of all time. The upsets, emotions of the players and coaches, the bad referees, the game winning shots. I LOVE IT. It brings out the competitiveness in me. I could sit and watch all day and not even care which teams are playing. I love the game.

I filled out my bracket this morning. I have been putting it off so that I can hear the latest analysis of Sports Center. I saw today that Obama picked KSU to be in the Final Four. I guess that means I can say I like one thing about him...? And one of my favorites...Dick Vitale, picked KState in the Final Four as well. Unfortunately both of them have KSU losing to KU for the 4th time this year. But you know...I am a risk taker. I am going to say KSU will BEAT KU in this 4th game match up.

I found this quote in USA Today..."Unpredictability is what this year's March Madness will be all about! That's why, hoop fanatics, it will be absolutely awesome, baby, with a capital A!" - Dick Vitale.
 
HOOP IT UP. GO WILDCATS!

5 comments:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

I put KSU in the final four too. At my school, hardly anyone knows the difference between KSU and KU, so we'll look good regardless.

ALSO - I didn't realize you played bball that many years. I'm liking these Thursday confessions!

Katie said...

I have nothing to lose in my bracket so I have KSU winning it all against Kentucky! A girl can dream right? Go State!

Stephanie said...

I've got KSU in the final four, too! And really, we surely can't lose to KU FOUR times in one season, right??

Go state!

Jenny said...

I have KSU beating Kentucky for the Championship as well! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Paige Elise said...

I have the same final four :) And I mysteriously called the Murray St upset... Good luck!