Wednesday, June 1, 2011

turning of the calendar

This morning when I arrived to work - I looked at my K-State Alumni calendar and realized today is June 1st and it was time to flip my calendar. What does mean folks - that means there are exactly 30 days between today June 1st and July 1st. And 30 days till Hawaii!!!!!! More importantly the real countdown is on for the wedding!!!! 33 days till the big day!!! In a way I feel like this wedding thing has become a project for work. I am sending follow up emails - updating the project plan and checking off my to-do list. I love the feeling of accomplishment and making little checkmarks next to those action items. Don't freak out but I have already gone through my closest trying to figure out what I am going to take and even started a small pile of nicely folded clothes on the guest room bed. HAHAHAHA - I tried on my swimsuits yesterday while I was working from home - they still fit from last year. So they were thrown in the laundry to be cleaned. My thinking – is get ahead of the game. Don’t wait to the last minute – the last few weeks of work are going to be busy with my co-worker out on vacation and the completion of a few projects that are coming down to the wire. Get ahead now - I keep telling myself!! Because in 30 days I’ll be sitting on the beach in Maui with my soon to be hubby without a care in the world!!!

5 comments:

nanettemills said...

This blog post made me smile. That's probably the most positive 30 days before the wedding report I've ever heard, but I knew you would be on top of things. Glad you are enjoying it! Of course going to Hawaii probably makes it a little easier. :)

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe it's almost here!!!

Kate said...

rock on! i too have a pile o' clothes in the basement bedroom ready to pack...i just may get the suitcases out and start organizing! woohoo Hawaii...shaka...hang ten! woohoo!

Katie said...

Ahhh blissful!!! So much to look forward to. Can hardly believe it is right around the corner. And of course I am not at all surprised by your organization a month ahead of time, so Anne-like :)

Anonymous said...

Ha, we are soulmates when it comes to organizing! So excited for you!