Saturday, June 4, 2011

Loving Lawrence

Our dear friends Cody and Little got engaged!!! Cody had told us that he was going to pop the question this summer - and that he had purchased the ring. This was about maybe 2 months ago. That meant I had to keep this darn thing a secret from Little - for that long. That was hard. We see them all the time....and a secret like that is ridiculous. He decided that he was going to ask her sooner than he was initially thinking. So the plotting began. He planned for them to spend the day in Lawrence -where they first met. Eating at their favorite places and just spending the day together. He had arranged for us to watch their dog Mojo - which meant they had to drop him off prior to leaving for Lawrence. I mean - holy crap I knew what was going on and why they were going there - it was hard not to freak out and blow it. So they dropped off Mojo and headed to Lawrence. What she didn't know is that he invited some of their closest friends to meet them at the Eldridge Hotel for dinner and drinks after. She had no clue. I told Little we were going to a BBQ that night.  HA no - we were meeting them at the Eldridge. Cody gave specific instructions on where they were going to be and what time to be where. The fiance and I are pretty familiar with Lawrence area and Mass street but prior to leaving I plotted out where we were going to park because I did not want to be the one to blow the surprise. So once we parked we bolted to the Eldridge.

While we were sitting there - EVERYONE at the table received a text from Little saying "Cody and I are engaged" - funny thing is everyone there TEXTED her back - which is not normal. Usually people would be so excited they would call back. Well she didn't know we were all sitting in the same room - waiting for her to show up!!! When they arrived around 9PM - she was super shocked. She could not believe it and soon figured out why no one called her back!! That evening we celebrated in Lawrence with Cody and Little. I couldn't think a better couple. They are family to me and the fiancé and we're so lucky to have them in our life. Cheers to Cody and Little!!! Let the planning begin!!!!!

No comments: