Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Boston Med

Hi, I'd like to share with you my favorite show of the summer, well aside from Bethenny Getting Married, which isn’t necessarily real television. The show is called Boston Med - Friday nights on ABC. It is not for the weary stomach or emotional heart. I cannot get enough of this show. It is absolutely fascinating what doctors and nurses know about the human body. The series follows set of doctors and nurses at 3 well known Boston Hospitals. They capture the life of what it is like to be a doctor/nurse as well as the patients and families they are serving.

I have always loved medicine and still think about what it would be like if I had gone to school for nursing rather than business school at K-State. I love the strategy and research it takes to make a diagnosis. I love caring for people and without a doubt would become emotionally attached to patients. There are times throughout the episode that I find myself crying (ie: balling my eyes out) when the doctors present the patient with a diagnosis or the Dr. telling parents that their 2 children have rare heart diseases and they both need transplants. Or they present the patient with good news (ie: we can remove the tumor behind your eye balls through your nose and you will not lose your eyesight). I mean… my job is not that spectacular! I am in awe of these people.

Here are a few of my favorites.

Dr. Rick Reish - reminds me of guy I worked with at Sprint. Typical Male Wing-Man.






 
 
 
Dr. William Curry - this guy is a neurosurgeon and pulled the tumor out of a guys head through his nose. He loves his family.
 
I promise, if you start watching you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Kate said...

it's on Thursdays! 9pm:)