The husband said, "We've got to make those!!!" His mouth was watering.
So Sunday afternoon - I opened my coveted PW cookbook and got started on Monday night's dinner.
Yes - you thought right - they are make ahead meatballs!
I followed her instructions up to the point of baking them for 30-40 minutes.
I let mine cool in the pyrex and then threw them in the fridge until I got home from work on Monday.
Let me tell you how many compliments I got on those meatballs.
- 3 at least during dinner
- 2 for just the sauce that was drizzled all over them
- 1 on Thursday afterwork - he ate them for lunch on Tuesday and Thursday.
We paired our meatballs with a small sweet potato and fresh green beans.
I stole another picture from PW - is that illegal? FYI these would be great for a party, kept warm in a crock pot. I am not really sure why she calls them BBQ Meatballs - I didn't think they were very BBQy. But they were oh so good!


2 comments:
So fun! My mom JUST made those and took them to a church dinner! I can't wait to get PW's new cookbook this month!
this is just how my Mom made them, with the exception she added an egg. But she always used oatmeal in her meatballs and meatloaf. Always did the ketchup sauce as well...I guess my Mom was the original Pioneer Woman!
Post a Comment