Tuesday, March 27, 2012

over the past couple of days i realized (for about the 100th time) that i have some pretty amazing friends. 
people i have known and enjoyed being around since the 3rd grade, middle school and k-state.
a few of us this year will celebrate being friends 20 years! 
i had the privilege to sit around a dinner table with many of them over the past few days.
gabbing about the days activities, new babies, weddings, recipes, husbands and planning vacations. 
we all come from different places, families and backgrounds. 
but one thing is for sure i can count on all of them. 
some are punctual (one of my favorite qualities) - you know they will always be on time or early to whatever is going on.  to me being early or on time is a sense that what you're doing is important and they want to be involved.
some are good listeners
some can always make you laugh
some share my passion to be creative and crafty
it is interesting to see so many different people just click. 
i'm lucky to have those of you in my life.
i'm also lucky to have those of you that are far away ...you make me a better 'phone talker'. 

2 comments:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

hurray for friends! what good times we've had together! also, I always want to be involved, I'm just not good at punctual. I just think I can do more than I really can in a given time. :-)

Tara said...

Love.