Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas

Christmas was just lovely here in KC.  Thank goodness it was not a repeat of last year with the blizzard of 2009. The Fiance's parents came into town and everyone gathered at my parent's house. Mom and Dad made brisket, cheesy potatoes, and the rest of the fixings. I made brussel sprouts and they were delicious! It was a great day celebrated with family.

As for presents - well once again I received some pretty awesome stuff, no matter how many times I told my parents that I didn't want anything and to save the money for the wedding.  They are so thoughtful and amazing!  The Fiance pulled a big surprise on me and bought me a Canon DSLR! He mentioned that I needed to quit taking pictures for the blog with my blackberry and use this instead! He is always full of surprises. I also received a very special gift from my Aunt and Uncle that live in Lawrence. When my grandparents past away in 2004, my A&U kept all of the really, really old home movies.  For the past few years on Christmas we would get out the projector and watch their old movies. There is footage of my mother as a little girl, their trip to Europe in 75 and so many others. My A&U transferred one of them to DVD and gave them to everyone. It is the first of many and I was so thrilled to receive it...it practically brought me to tears. 

Later on in the day I took some pics with the new camera. Noah - my 3 year old nephew busted out his modeling moves. I promise you that he posed like this and I did not even tell him to! He is such a HAM. Also, check out Mark (6 mos) and his new haircut.




1 comment:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

Mark's hair is killing me! And those cheeks!