Monday, May 24, 2010

WiCHiTA

This past weekend, the boyfriend and the girls (hurl & harp) made a road trip to Wichita, KS to see some friends from college. Megan and Biff (aka Sean) live there. Friday night we ventured to over to WSU to see the Shockers play some baseball. They had young lawyers night at the game so we were able to meet a lot of their fun friends. Saturday we got up and decided to go car shopping. They are not in the market to buy a car...but I have been eyeing the Ford Edge and I really wanted to test drive. I loved it and was ready to trade in my fusion. However, it was out of my price range. Maybe I'll start looking for a used Edge. Anyways- that was interesting and everyone should buy a vehicle at some point in their life.  It is such a game...and is really annoying. I wish they could just be straight up with you on the price. If only it was as easy as going grocery shopping. Saturday evening we headed West to Cheney, KS to a local bar called, Hank is Wiser.  The owner is a homebrewer from Cheney. He and his famiy run the joint. They have a Cherry Beer...that was a hit. The boyfriend and I decided to have the sampler...which consisted of their 6 main beers. I preferred the Porter and Stout. The boyfriend enjoyed the IPA. Sunday we got up and went to breakfast then drove home. We had such a great time with Megan and Biff. They have a lovely home and 2 cute dogs! By the way - Harp and Hurl slept the entire way back to KC. They were so tired from playing with Rudy and Henry. 

We are hoping to make another visit later this year so we can attend the KS State Fair in Hutchinson. Just thinking about it makes me want a corn dog. LOL.

I wanted to share a recipe with all of you - Megan made it to have as a snack.

McGivern Cheese Dip
1 can of mushrooms, sliced (drained)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg of HOT pork sausage (roll) - cook in skillet then drain excess juice.
1 head of broccoli cut the florettes off and add to cheese (minimal stalks)
1 brick of Velveeta
1 can of rotel (don't drain).

Heat in crockpot and serve with tortilla chips

2 comments:

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

COME VISIT ME!

Jenny said...

We just a bought a Ford Edge a few weeks ago and love it! It was hard to find one in our price range but if you are interested you check out www.dzford.com. It is the Ford dealership in Leavenworth, KS and they had the best prices on Edge's we could find (seriously)! Plus they had quite a few on the lot for us to look at. The price you see is the price you pay, fyi, but they did negotiate with us on our trade in (without even seeing it)! They are very laid back and they were easy to work with.