Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quick November.

Hi Readers!

Sorry I have been MIA. We have been pretty busy lately and I have been too lazy to blog. Hence my only blog in November! Last weekend we put the lights on the house. It was a mild November day in KC...so we knew if we didn't do it and take advantage of the warm air...it would be freezing at our next opportunity. I haven't taken pictures but will soon. In addition to putting lights on the house, we also purchased a new Christmas tree!! Thank you Home Depot for carrying Martha Stewart Xmas trees! It was love at first sight and there is no way I would pass up a MS tree. We put it up on Sunday evening after the Chiefs game. We made some Papa Murphy's and sang carols! Okay, I'm kidding about the carols, but we did get pizza. The Fiancé even helped...which I am sure was first time in all of the years living together. I told him he could put the star on the tree since he helped this year. He was thrilled and smiled ear to ear. Do you get my sarcasm! Unfortunately the tree is a bit too tall to have the star on top...so I will have to search for other options. Also, it took us about 2-1/2 hours to figure out how we wre going to FIT the tree in our living room. Lets just say we have new ideas for furniture placement!Pictures to come soon.

This week I am embarking on my first marital commitment :) sort of... I am forgoing having a major holiday with my family to spend it with the Fiancé’s. I am VERY excited about this because his family is awesome and we are going to Boston. But I am definitely sad...that I will miss out on Dad's turkey, mom's dressing, and the traditional Poli sausage. Since the fiancé and I a have been together we always done our own thing...he would go his way and I would go mine. It worked out fine and there were no hurt feelings. But now that we're getting married there is no more of that. So more on the Boston thing…we’re actually going to Cape Code. The Fiancé’s sister lives in Boston and we are going to visit her. She is a very neat lady and I look forward to getting to know her better on this trip. I promise to post pictures.

So here is to a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family! I hope you’re sharing it with someone special.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Have fun in Boston!!

Kate said...

we'll save you some turkey/stuffing/poli sausage:) have a great time!

Stephanie said...

Have fun!!

Jayme said...

Can't wait to see pics of decorations and your trip! I miss you at work today!